The CLS Blogspot: Views from the Edge of Law and Society
The T’s and C’s
We welcome all thinkers, opinionista’s and generally opinionated people – students, socio-legal scholars, lawyers, activists and anyone in between – to create posts for the CLS Blogspot.
We are encouraging of all forms of expression on a range of topics that sit at the intersection of law and society and below you’ll find further guidance that will be useful in the creative process.
So, take a look at the information below and then let the creativity flow!
Ground Rules – the serious stuff:
- Blog posts can take any form (subject to space limitations, word count etc.) – feel free to submit prose, poetry, short video clips, voice notes, comics, photo’s etc.
- Written posts should ideally be limited to 800 words – but if you just can’t put a limit on your brilliance then chat to us and we can make a plan.
- Written posts should be submitted in a Word document.
- Materials submitted and accepted for posting on the blog should appear on the blog first before being reproduced elsewhere.
- Material submitted for posting must be accompanied by the name and contact details of the author/creator.
- Should you wish to remain anonymous please indicate this in the email accompanying your submission – we understand that sometimes this may be necessary and are willing to accommodate that.
- Authors can expect feedback within a week of submitting – we will let you know when you can expect to see your post up on the Blogspot.
- CLS will edit all material for clarity – but we will try to keep that to a minimum and we will endeavour to not change the meaning of the text.
- It is the responsibility of the author/s to ensure that all material submitted is their own original work.
- It is also the responsibility of the author/s to ensure that any content/materials drawn from the work of others are accurately acknowledged in full.
- Material may be in all official languages of South Africa.
- We are not obliged to, and do not guarantee that we will, publish all materials submitted – but we will give fair consideration to everything that is submitted.
- We will NOT allow posts that promote the following:
- Any form of discrimination on the basis of: gender, sexuality, race, age etc.
- The use of derogatory or offensive language or images.
Our top tips:
- Proofread your work carefully before submitting it. Please do your utmost to ensure that there are minimal errors.
- Use short sentences that don’t contain overly complicated words. Keep the audience in mind, and write using language and vocabulary they’ll understand.
- Be relatable, be yourself – we are interested in your thoughts, experiences and expressions.
- Use links within your posts – where appropriate connect your part of the conversation to other voices, viewpoints etc.
We await your creative, thought-provoking material with bated-breath! Please send items for posting to: email@example.com with the subject line: The CLS Blogspot.